[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Fuel, carbs and speedos

>       The speedo won't change with the 5speed changeover. Just adjust for the
> differential ratio change. 3.90 will be fine for most situations, 4.11 if you
> really like hard acceleration and slightly less top end( I still haven't
> redlined in 5th, could in 4th before my changeover) but slightly busier
> cruising 3500 = 70mph. that's ok with my Schrick 290 and 45 DCOES. Don't try
> stock 3.64's, 5th will drop below torque curve and you'll end up downshifting
> for any quick passing.

Redlining in 5th with a 4.11 maths out to around 123mph.  That should be
possible with a slightly warmed up motor.  The main problem with 2002's
going that fast is the brick-like aerodynamics.

The 3.90 is probably the best bet for most cars, but the tii will get along
fine with the 3.64 and the OD 5 speed.  That's what I have in my '74 tii,
and while there is a reduction in passing power, it is still better than
a lot of other cars out there.  70-100 is still quick.... :)

Ben