[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Cup Holders for E36

Ok folks, the BMW cupholder for the E36 has undergone a change in price
that seems to have confused a few folks.  It came out at $139 or so,
dealer cost about $89.  A coupld of months ago, three days after I bought
one, BMW dropped the list from $139 or so to $89 and dealer cost from
$89 to about $65.  Within three hours, the BMW Store (they advertise in
the Roundel) submitted an ad to sell it at cost.

This cupholder has been very popular, supposedly if the dealer installed
it prior to sale, everyone accepted the dealer price.  So popular that
I hear that all '95s will come with it standard, in the US market.

As far as functionality, I like mine a lot.  Installation took about 1
minute.  I do not like the fact that with the use of the arm rest I lose
one of the two cup holder locations.

Well, it is a lot neater than hanging cup holders on windowsills but no
more effective.  Just less chance of a mess.

Cheers.
John H. Belk
'93 325i
'85 325eieio