[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Metric Mech. Engines....

	I am thinking of "beefing up" the 1.8 litre engine in my '81 320i.  It
has 183k miles on it and the dealer says that its measurements (compression,
condition of pistons, etc.) are within factory spec. But it still only has a
max. of approx 105hp with 100lb/ft of torque.  I want more! I'm thinking of
having it rebuilt and rebored to about 2.2 liters, but I do not know how easy
this is.  My other option is to buy an aftermarket engine, like the 2200 HiFlo
ST Sport engine package from Metric Mechanic.  It is advertised to put out
155+hp for the low price of $3295.00  Is this a good, reliable engine
replacement or should I do it the hard way and redo my own? Do any of you have
any experience with these engines? Please let me know!!!!!

		        '81 320i (in transition)