[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: Auto Repair WWW Site

>>There's a bunch of tsb lists for all sorts of cars
>>that you might find interesting, BMW included.  The only
>>catch is that will cost some $$$ to find out any detail
>>behind the tsb listings by downloading and running
>>a DOS program.
>_____________________
>
>I got in to this site and was amazed at the number of Service Bulletins
>published for my car ('93 318is).  One described a problem I am currently
>having.  Does anyone know if there is a way to get them through BMW or the
>dealer or an independent mechanic etc. w/o having to pay to join a service
>and download them.
>
>Also, This would be a terrific thing to have at the BMW WWW site.  I
>remember reading some where that BMW was being helpful in providing
>information to the site.  Perhaps they would supply these?

Hello again,

I posted the above message last week, and to my surprise, I received no
just what a *gold mine* of information these Service Bulletins seem to be.
I cut and pasted the titles for just a few of the 357 bulletins that were
listed for an '85 325e that I thought looked interesting.  There are 109
listed for a '93 318is and 119 for a 325is of the same year.

Take a look at some of the titles I picked out of the list for the 325e.
You'll notice that they are directly relevant to many of the posts that
have been on this list lately.

Come on guys! these thing represent the ultimate BMW FAQ.  There has to be
some way to get them from BMW and hopefully we can get them posted on the
net for all to benefit from.  AllData wants $10 a call, 45cents a minute
after the first ten minutes.  This might make since for a mechanic, but
it's too high for the average owner IMHO.

P.S. The AllData site which lists all of them is: (http://www.alldata.tsb.com/)

Jimmy Shrake
Current: '93 318is
Previous: '85 325e (150k)

MAR 94    1. BRAKE INDUCED VIBRATION IN STEERING WHEEL
NOV 84  353. Cold Engine Noise Viscous Fan
DEC 84  351. THREE SPEED BLOWER SWITCH SHOULD BE REPLACED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE
DEC 84  349. Evaluation of Idle and Driveability Complaints
JAN 85  344. REPEAT CASES OF WINDOW REGULATOR JAMMING
JAN 85  340. ENGINE MISFIRE/ROUGH IDLE
MAR 85  325. Oil Consumption Complaint Verification and Diagnosis
APR 85  320. WARRANTY ENGINE REPAIR/REPLACEMENT AUTHORIZATION
APR 85  319. RATTLING NOISE FROM SUNROOF LID
APR 85  316. Inoperative Alpine Radio/Cassette Player
APR 85  312. ANTENNA MAST WILL NOT FULLY EXTEND OR RETRACT
MAY 85  310. TRUNK LIGHT DISCHARGES BATTERY WHEN CAR IS NOT USED
MAY 85  304. ENGINE SURGES/HESITATES WITH A/C SWITCHED "ON"
JUN 85  296. POOR INITIAL DRIVEABILITY
JUL 85  289. Service Interval Indicator Lights Out Of Spec.
SEP 85  268. Brake Pedal Noise
JAN 86  251. CLUNKING NOISE FROM FRONT AXLE AREA
FEB 86  248. SERVICE INTERVAL INDICATOR BOARD NOT SEATED ON CLUSTER
FEB 86  246. COLD STARTING AT LOW TEMPERATURES
APR 86  242. Power Window Motors May Fail Permaturely
MAY 86  237. ENGINE CAMPAIGN UPDATES COMPONENTS DUE TO GASOLINE ADDITIVES
JUN 86  235. LOW BEAM INDICATOR LIGHTS UP WHEN CRUISE CONTROL IS ENGAGED
AUG 86  229. SPECIAL CARE LEATHER UPHOLSTERY
SEP 86  227. TEST FOR DIAGNOSING FUNCTION OF FUEL INJECTORS
APR 87  213. Erratic Fuel/Temperature Gauges
JUL 87  209. VIBRATION OR NOISE WHILE DRIVING TROUBLESHOOTING CHART
SEP 87  193. High Performance Engine Oil Facts
JAN 88  185. RECOMMENDED SNOW TIRE/WHEEL COMBINATIONS
FEB 88  177. HESITATION ON WARM-UP/ROUGH IDLE FROM CARBON DEPOSITS
JAN 89  161. POOR RADIO RECEPTION VEHICLES WITH REAR WINDOW ANTENNA
FEB 89  159. ABS WILL ACTIVATE EVEN THOUGH TRACTION IS GOOD
NOV 89  153. GASOLINE FUEL QUALITY
FEB 90  139. AFTERMARKET ACCESSORIES ELECTRICAL WIRE ROUTING
APR 90  131. SUNROOF ADJUSTMENT TIPS
OCT 90   98. TROUBLESHOOTING LONG CRANKING TIMES
OCT 90   97. TROUBLESHOOTING CRUISE CONTROL
OCT 90   96. STEERING VIBRATION INDUCED BY BRAKE PADS
OCT 90   92. ENGINE IDENTIFICATION
OCT 90   91. ELECTRIC ANTENNA MAST REPLACEMENT TOOL TIP
OCT 91   64. MUSTY ODORS FROM AIR CONDITIONING UNITS
FEB 92   42. ENGINE OILS
JUN 92   32. INACCURATE FUEL TANK LEVEL
OCT 92   29. NEW A/C LEAK DETECTION - R134A AND R12