[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Fog Lights

>I know this sounds like a trivial task, and I've done it before on my
>previous bmw few years ago(memory is going - sign of old age!), but I can't
>figure out the best way to install a pair of fog lights on my 82 733i. There
>is a spot for a relay for fog lights, and there are two fuses, one for each
>side. How can I access the two wires for the fog lights? I'd like things
>to be as neat as possible. What's the best place to attach the lights?

Well.. I just put some fog lights on my '81 320i. I can imagine (in my
ignorance) that you might have a similar set up (?). Actually they are clear
lens so maybe the would be considered 'driving lights'. Whatever.

There is a spot for a relay and the fuses in my fusebox as well. And my car
has a switch in the dash for the fog lights. It had been hooked up to work
the rear fog lights (the car was driven in Brussels where the rear fogs were
mandatory).

Anyway, undoing the fuse box and looking underneath I saw that the fuses
were connected to the relay mount. I got a bunch of spade lugs and some wire.
The spade lugs slid onto the bottom of the fuse mounts and on to the relay.
The relay was the same as for the headlights. (I had some extra ones)
There were some wires unused from a harness that include the headlight switch
wires from in the dash.

Inside the dash I wired 12v to the switch. ( I think I used the ACC +12v)