From: botros@domain.elided (Peter Schami)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 1994 09:00:44 -0600 (CST)
Subject: Dinan Chip on >92 318i/is (finally)

For all those awaiting the results, it's finally in and running.

I replaced the chip on Sunday afternoon. This is what I found so far:
(remember that I am also using a K&N filter)

- - - Car feels much better in mid range (>2500) no more waiting till 3500 for
  things to start kicking in.

- - - Car feels a little bit rougher. (just a tad)

- - - Idle seems to have dropped by ~100, but stable (no AC)

- - - Noticible improvement in acceleration (see #1)

- - - Jumps faster after 5000rpm to 6500. Even though chip raises limit to
  6900 I don't want to really try it.

- - - Idle fluctuates a little with the AC on. I tested this morning. But never
  drops to make the car shake. (visual estimation between 700-900)

- - - No more flat spots. It seems that there was one ~5000 and another ~6000.

- - - No gas mileage data yet.

- - - Would I recommend it? I am not sure. Total cost was $275 (including
  computer swap). Depends how much your money means to you and what
  type of driving do you do most. If your original chip was socketed,
  you would pay a little less.

- - - Would I return it and try to get my money back? NO.

Optional Reading:

- - - Would I still trade with a 325 , YES. (given choice and money).
- - - Would I still trade with an M3 , YES YES YES. ( same ).

Hope the above helps.

Peter Schami
318i 13k (94)