[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #42

** owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided on Mon, 7 Nov 1994 22:10:20 -0500
** in [bmw-digest V2 #42] writes:

Curt> From: bose@domain.elided
Curt> Date: Mon, 07 Nov 1994 20:48:36 E
Curt> Subject: 3 Series Radio

Curt> (1) What is the wiring diagram for a 1984 3-series
Curt> cassette player w/  a dash mounted fader.  I think that is made by
Curt> alpine b/c it says Alpine on the bottom of the name plate. Also there
Curt> are four speakers.

      My player also says it is made by Alpine for BMW.  As for the
      wiring, if I remember right, the radio has 4 wires to each of
      the four speakers, and the grounds for those speakers come back
      to the fader like this:

                                    FADER
      from front speaker  --------/\/\/\/\/\------- from rear speaker
      grounds (2 wires)               ^             grounds (2 wires)

                                   GROUND

Curt> (2)Are there any tricks in getting a tape to play in this player?
Curt> the tape goes inand the radio cuts out but the transport mechanics
Curt> never lowers the tape to the heads. Are there any ways to get the tape to
Curt> drop ie oiling or inserting the tape a certian way.  Now the only way
Curt> tp get the tape out is with a small pliers.

      I have the same car... and had the tape player do the same to me
      recently.  The problem is there is a small rubber belt inside
      the player to drive the tape mechanism.  The belt on your tape
      player has broken.  I changed the belt myself on mine when it
      broke, but it was NOT easy.  If you don't feel comfortable
      working around electronics, I'd strongly suggest you have
      somebody qualified replace it for you...

- --
David J. Young                                              Phone: 602.436.2968
Network/System Administrator                                  FAX: 602.436.2252
Honeywell Commercial Aviation Systems                davidy@domain.elided
21111 N. 19th Ave M/S AZ75-K26E2 Phoenix AZ 85027     #include std.disclaimer.h

'85 325e                                R  1  3  5
'84 K100RT                              |  |  |  |
'78 CanAm 175 Enduro                    ----------
					   |  |
					   2  4