[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Pertronix, Etc.

Well I'm disappointed now:( After all the glowing recommendations from the
list for the Pertronix system, I called Pertronix and asked about the
details of their system for a '79 320i.  I was informed that they no
longer sell kits for the 320i.  Something about how they didn't fit real
well and required some modifications to fit in the 320i distributor.
Since I'm not afraid of a little fabrication, I asked them if what was
involved but the service rep said that they couldn't sell it to me anyway
since it wasn't listed anymore.  Oh well, it looks like the Crane Cam
(Allison) system now.

Walt Barie (wgbst4+@domain.elided, barie+@domain.elided)
Graduate Student
Dept. of Electrical Engineering, University of Pittsburgh

'79 320i DSP Solo II car
'80 528i

    "You gotta first spin the dice in order to win the game" - esp '95

Of course what I say in no way reflects the views of the University....