[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

misc questions about '73 2002 tii's; wheel shimmy

Consider yourself smart and lucky to notice a fault and potential
large expense before committing to purchase.

I've resolved similar symptoms on several cars in my life, the most
recent one this very morning.  In many cases the primary factor was
tire wear/fault.  The complete solution includes front end and alignment
work.  I suggest you get an inspection and repair estimate from a
competant mechanic for full extent of wear, rather than accept the
owner's soothing words. That way, you'll be able to start
your tii ownership with a fresh, squared-away steering and suspension.

> When I took it for a spin the steering wheel shook a good deal, the guy
> selling it said he thought it was the bushings, and that he was going to
> replace them before he'd sell it.

Stuart Kreitman
Faster Raster Systems
635csi, r100cs