[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #31

% From: mike_hood-douda@domain.elided
% Date: Wed, 2 Nov 94 12:08:52 -0800
% Subject: Electronic ignitions(again)
%

%      I've found a potential alternative to the Allison setup
% for less than half the cost of the Allison and wanted to
% know if anyone out there has any experience or insights
% into relative strengths and weaknesses.

** Stuff deleted **

% So, just how sensitive to dirt (in a normally sealed

% distributor cap) are the Allison units? Thanks again,

% Mike mikeh@domain.elided '69 1600ti

I had the Allison (Crane Cams) unit in first a Toyota then
a 320i, then I put one in a 530i.
Never a problem.  Once adjusted it stays that way
for a very long time.

% From: Jim Conforti <jec@domain.elided> Date: Wed, 2 Nov
% 1994 13:14:37 -700 (MST) Subject: Re: ECU BURNING /
% MODIFYING

%   I can send you the file to burn ...

Let him send you the file.
I'm using one of his chips in my M3.
The chip is as good as the Dinan for my M3.

Kent--
/* "There is no king who has not had a slave among his ancestors and   */
/*  no slave that has not had a king among his." ----     Helen Keller */
/*  Kent L. Shephard  ----- K. L. Shephard Consulting                  */