[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE:power antenna problem, recommendation?

>any recommendation? or any lubricant that works pretty well for
>your bimmer? (i've tried the silicon spray, and have tried using
>white lithium grease to lubricate the power antenna. both of
>these work ok till now).

I've found that the lube/oil used for mountain bike chains works pretty well.
 The stuff I use (Pedro's) is designed to be water-resistent and have a
detergent action.  Considering what bike chains are exposed to, it should
have no problem with an antenna.

>Lookaround and you will see lots of other 3-series w/ the same
>problem.  I think everyone I know that has one has had this
>problem.  Perhaps this is why the antennas are now in the rear
>window.

Maybe, but the window antennas don't work as well.