[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

M3 or not M3, that is the question..

>We currently have a 91 318 is ... I am seriously considering a 88-91 M3. So
>what can I expect?
Much better handling and accelaration, and a whole lot more attention from
your fellow motorists and law enforcement officials (one look at the fender
flares and spoiler and the radar goes on).

>How different is the driving experience?
I'd say exciting vs enjoyable - the M3 begs to be driven hard, and is
absolutely incredible when doing so (especially the E30, the E36s are a
little more relaxed); the 318 is a competent, if underpowered, performance
sedan.  The E30 M3 is a race car that has been made street-legal.  It's
impossible not to smile when driving one of these on challenging pavement.  I
myself tend to yell and make odd noises.  (you know 'Yeee - HA!' type
sounds).

>I enjoy fast, well balanced cars - ride quality, noise, luxo stuff is not
>interesting to me. Is this the right car?
Absolutely!

Simon Kennedy
'95 M3 (but I have friends w/ E30's...)