[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Short in service light circuit

We used to have the same problem with our car. Every time the car
sat in the garage unused for more than 2 days the battery would be
very weak or dead. It turned out to be a faulty trunk light switch.
It took me a while to find that current drain, but once I replace
that faulty switch we didn't have any problems. I suggest that you
check that. If that doesn't turn up anything I would use an ampmeter
and go to the fuse box. See what part of the car is drawing all
that current. Any circuit that draws more than a couple of hundred
milliamps with the ignition off is suspect.

Good luck,

Andreas