[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: ECU BURNING / MODIFYING

On Wed, 2 Nov 1994 VLASIS.THEODORE@domain.elided wrote:

> I have read your posts on the reprogramming of the S50US ECU. You said
> that the ECU is a 27512 EPROM.

   Actually it is a 27C512 ... as is all DME M3.3.1 (M50TU and S50US engines)
                      ^
                      | Note: "C" as in CMOS!

> I am planning to get a chip burner for my office and I want one that I can use
> to modify the S50US (95M3) chip. Do you (or anybody else that's as
> knowledgable) any recommendations on the Hardware and software required ?

  As long as you have a Burner that will read and burn/program the 27C512,
  and almost aby one will, that is all you need ...

  I can send you the file to burn ...

  If you are talking software to actually maniuplate the chip yourself,
  we are working on a GUI software package to do the exact thing...

  It should be ready in Spring sometime ..

> I would appreciate any input or hints on the BMW ECU reprogramming process.
> Thanks in advance.

  I can supply you with an image to burn .. I can even create one to your
  specs .. the what's, why's, and wherefores of Bosch Motronic are quite
  complicated and proprietary and really not worth going into, unless you
  intend to devote a few hundred (or thousand) man hours into messing with
  the algorithms ... trust me, in 16 mos., my partner and I have probably
  spent something like 5000 man hours on every Motronic from Basic thru
  M3.3.1 ..

  We have had to WRITE our own tools ..

  Which, I can tell you, is no fun!

  Jim Conforti