[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: power antenna problem, recommendation?

>my bimmer's power antenna keeps getting stuck at 1 section. it only
>goes down completely when i'm cleaning and lubricating it
Lookaround and you will see lots of other 3-series w/ the same problem.  I
think everyone I know that has one has had this problem.  Perhaps this is
why the antennas are now in the rear window.

As for a solution, BMW makes some sort of rag for cleaning and lubricating
it but I'm not sure how well it works.  I could not find anything that
would keep mine going.  I eventually replaced it w/ a black Hirschman (sp?)
model which turned out to be quieter and worked flawlessly for the 3-4
years I had it.  This would be my recommendation.