[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

power antenna problem, recommendation

From: Morison <mchen@domain.elided>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 1994 14:41:35 -0800
Subject: power antenna problem, recommendation?

hi,
        my bimmer's power antenna keeps getting stuck at 1 section. it only
goes down completely when i'm cleaning and lubricating it. once it's been
up for an short period of time, it won't go down completely again. i can
always assist it by pounding it a little bit, but it's annoying. i don't
want it to get vandalized either.  (i had annoying experience: someone
actually put a used condom on the half-down antenna, YUCK!). with this
in mind, i think it's time to get a brand new replacement. (or a better
lubricant)

        any recommendation? or any lubricant that works pretty well for
your bimmer? (i've tried the silicon spray, and have tried using white lithium
grease to lubricate the power antenna. both of these work ok till now).

        thanks in advance!

morison
'89 325i 86k
- ------------

It sounds like your antenna is slightly bent. Look closely at the mast you
should see wear marks where it is scraping.  You can try bending it back
(Carefully) or..........Replace it.

I every issue of Rondel (BMWCCA Magazine) there are ads for antennas. the
Harada which is made for Hirshmann (bmw factory antenna) sells for about
$28 U.S.

I have replaced more GM power antennas than I care to remember.  In
comparison  replacing the BMW antenna is simple.  It should take 12.5 Min.

Jack
84 733i
I wish my car was as fast as my Network.

FORE SYSTEMS
John (Jack) P. Milik               Voice 708-991-4ATM
1627 Colonial Parkway                Fax 708-991-4292
Suite 102
Palatine (Chicago), IL 60067
JPM@domain.elided

NASDAQ      FORE