[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

2002 winter storage

Does anyone have any tried-and-true tips for storing a
2002 (or any car, for that matter) over the winter?  I have
lockable garage space, free from Syracuse salt (they don't call
it the salt city for nuthin).  Last year, I just let the snow and
ice accumulate as it sat fighting the elements.  Started it
every month or so--rubbed the clutch and pumped the brakes
every time to minimize corrosion.  Any other ideas?  Is it
a bad idea to put the car on blocks?

I anticipate a hibernation from Dec. 1 to April 1.  Temperatures
don't generally go below -10F in these parts.

Fred Dushin
Syracuse, NY