[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

533i ticking, 2002ti alternator

On a 533i, Ash asked about the faint ticking noise above 1700 rpm:
is it the fuel injectors?  The electronic injectors of the 533i
can be noisy.  Start up the car cold once and put a finger on the
injector, or touch it with a screwdriver to feel the ticking.

And Mike Hood asked about higher-amperage alternators for his 2002
b/c he's got more lighting on it than the Superdome:
an early 320i alternator is a direct bolt-in fit, has ~10-25 amps
more capacity (depending on your car's age, my '68 had a gerbil in
a cage inside, I think) and has a built-in regulator so all you
need is a ground wire, +12 V to battery, and blue wire to the
dash light.

				thi v.