[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

reading digests

>scratch my previous posting on using M-X undigestify in Emacs to read
>the digests.

I tried to post this earlier but haven't seen it.  Sorry if I'm wasting
bandwidth, and sorry to stray from the topic.

I've managed a decent set up for Mac users to deal with the new digest format:

Easy View:  just drop the digest files into a folder with an easy view file
and open the easy view file.  It sets up a nice table of contents and has a
good search feature to make archiving very easy.  The digest file needs to
have it's type and creator set (I've been changing to ClarisWorks, but
others may work), and for some reason the digests get split up into
multiple entries in the table of contents.  Actually easier than reading
mail messages in a serial fashion.

Eudora:  e-mail replies.  Supports initials quoting for text pasted from
Easy View.

QuickKeys:  macro utility to automate copying in Easy View, opening Eudora
and pasting using initials quoting.

back to cars,
Ware
'72 tii