[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Headlight modulators

** arnie+@domain.elided (Arnie Skurow) on 28 Oct 94 07:37:03 CDT (Fri)
** in [Re: Headlight modulators] writes:

Arnie> Anyway, I installed it on my /7 according to the instructions and
Arnie> immediately noticed behavior changes in traffic around me.  Prior
Arnie> to the installation I'd have people pull out of driveways, curb-
Arnie> cuts, etc., on me.  After installation and use of the Q-Switch
Arnie> people would approach a curb-cut, hesitate and then STOP.  This was
Arnie> a new thing for me in my neighborhood where a driveway,
Arnie> curb cut from a store/strip mall or a stop sign is only a formality
Arnie> that people ignored.  They actually stopped.

Arnie> I experimented at first.  Riding with and without the Q-Switch on.
Arnie> Without, old behavior.  With, new behavior.  People actually stopped
Arnie> at curb-cuts, stop signs and yield signs when I had right of way.
Arnie> I also noticed a lot fewer "jackrabbit" left turners from across my
Arnie> path of travel.

       You know, I have never heard of a testimonial from a user of a
       Headlight modulator before, but I think I might know why you
       are observing the behaviour you do.  Have you ever seen what
       happens when a fire truck, ambulance or police vehicle have
       their *flashing* lights/siren on?  They STOP! (sometimes even
       to the point of nearly CAUSING an accident).  It wouldn't
       surprise me that this is indirectly causing "more concientious
       behavior" on the part of our fellow drivers...

- --
David J. Young                                              Phone: 602.436.2968
Network/System Administrator                                  FAX: 602.436.2252
Honeywell Commercial Aviation Systems                davidy@domain.elided
21111 N. 19th Ave M/S AZ75-K26E2 Phoenix AZ 85027     #include std.disclaimer.h

'85 325e                                R  1  3  5
'84 K100RT                              |  |  |  |
'78 CanAm 175 Enduro                    ----------
					   |  |
					   2  4