[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Idle, Limited Slip Diff.

(84 318i)

Hi,

1) I am having problem with idle speed  for the last 4 weeks .
Usually it used to be around 850 rpm. Now it "varies"
between 1200-900. What did go wrong?

I checked the idle control valve by disconnecting the connector to it
and the rpm goes up. Which shows me that the valve is working.
Is there any sensor or the wiring to it has gone bad.
Please suggest to dignose the problem.

2)  A peson who owns 85 318i told me that the there is a remarkable
difference in wet road performance  between LSD and non LSD car. And
that a non-LSD can be upgraded within $200. Is it  true? Should I get
it upgraded.  Suggestion please.

Thanks for your help.

- -Shri