[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Brakes,clubs & other things

1: Sure glad the list is working nice again!! I like the digest form. P.S.
glad that flame war seems to be over.
lives near a strong club chapter  of the BMWACA, that's Seattle, LA, or
Portland, Oregon; BMW CCA is the way to go. They are the only "National" club
we have. We in the Seattle area have never claimed to be a "national" club we
just publish one hell of a good chapter newsletter that's read across the US,
Canada and some foreign countries. Yes, that's the same Thomas B. Nast for
your information, he's quite the bmw guy. Glad you liked the article!
3: I must add my $.02 to the brake bleed thread of late. The master cylinder
reservoir cap with a tire valve for air pressure is the way to go. Just get a
cap from someone with a used one or from a junk yard and put a screw together
metal valve in it. FIRMLY tighten on the cap and apply air pressure, but not
too much. I just use a bicycle air pump and pump out the old stuff and watch
the fluid level carefully. it works great for clutch slave cylinders also.
Saves on pumping the pedal and the real chance of ruining a master cylinder
if its got corrosion or sediment in it and cutting a seal.
4:Richard did you ever recieve and read the private post about affliation I
sent??

Greg Mierz
69 2002ti   Wa plate (MPOWER)
GregM2002@domain.elided