[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Winter Driving Weight

	Well folks, it's nearing that time again here in the Northern
part of this world.  Winter will soon be upon us, and it is time to
either put our Beemers away or ready them for the coming months.  I had a
little suggestion I thought I'd pass along.
	In the previous years (and with my other car where the trunk was
in bad shape anyway) I just tossed two 22 KG bags of sand in the trunk
between the two wheel wells.  This year, since I have a new car that is
in fantastic condition (original paint and all in the trunk) I decided
not to make such a mess so....
	I headed on down to my local Canadian Tire/K-Mart/Wal-Mart etc
and purchased one of those Rubbermaid 72L (I think that's it) Rouchneck
storage containers.  I got the one that just clears my CD Player.
	So, I brought it home, double lined it with garbage bags, and
dumped the two bags of sand in.  Shove a half a litre yogurt container in
there, bring the bags together over the top of the sand, and snap the lid
of.  PRESTO!  About 100 pounds of dead weight.  Won't make a mess, and if
you need traction sand, simply pop off the lid, and grab a bucketful.
	Also, it's a lot easier and cleaner to install and remove.
	Hope this suggestion helps someone out there.

						Jeff
						'83 320i
						'80 320i (Parts)
						'77 Honda 125 Trail