[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: bmw-digest V2 #6

From: Andreas Meyer <meyer@domain.elided>
>Date: Thu, 20 Oct 94 14:25:29 EDT
>Subject: E30-Odometer problem.
>
>Recently I replaced the batteries on the printed circuit board
>behind the instrument cluster and when I put it all together
>everything except for the odometer worked fine. Does anybody
>know which connection may be an open or what I did to mess
>this up? When I replaced the batteries and soldered the new
>ones in I was wearing a static-strap and was generally very
>carefull with the board transport (used anti-static bag) and
>installation. The speedometer works fine. If the odometer for
>some reason got messed up, is there a place that you can
>recommend that can fix it? Right now I am at a loss on how to
>troubleshoot this one without a schematic. The car in question
>is a 87 325.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Andreas

Andreas,

You're odometer isn't in the correct state.  Disconnect your battery for
a few minutes and it should work.  I get this problem all the time since
I must disconnect my battery if I decide not to drive my car for at least
5 days to keep the battery drain to a minimum.  When I connect the battery,
the odometer sometime doesn't work.  I just switch off ( i have a battery
switch) the car :) and on again and it works.

Gary

PS.  Ignore the previous outburst about the Internet Card.  I just read
     Richard's "ignore the msg" message about things like that.