[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Long Term Storage

>>Eric Houston [QA Contractor] writes:

 >> That post on long term storage was good, except for one
 >> concern. It said to fill the gas tank to the brim.

 Eric> This is bad advice for another reason: the gas expands as it
 Eric> warms up.  Since it comes up out of the ground at ~55 degrees,
 Eric> filling "to the brim" on a hot day and then parking indoors
 Eric> could be a serious explosion/ fire hazard.

	My E36 manual recommends filling it all the way up!  I do not
	remember the reason why they recommend this but they did give
	a reason.

							- Mustie

- --
>The "Catholic Church" *is not* the one true church.  The Holy
 Orthodox >[Eastern] Christian Church is the one and only repository
 of the *fullness* >of Christ's > teachings.  Sorry, but the one
 _true_ church is the Church of the Forgotten Son, where we worship
 the Almighty earthworm.  Not only is it more true than any of the
 Christian churches, it's also less fulfilling and it tastes great.
 Just thought you'd like to know.  -- Andrew. Kalinowitsch
 (kalin@domain.elided) %%

- --
Mustafizur Rahman                   Internet: rahman@domain.elided
Project Pilgrim                               rahman@domain.elided
Department of Computer Science         Phone: (413) 545-4701
A143B Lederle Graduate Research Center   Fax: (413) 545-1249
University of Massachusetts
Amherst, MA 01003