[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Ex-Lax for 320i's

On Sat, 22 Oct 1994, Darren Gibbons wrote:

> Now that I've determined that the mileage problem is not a problem
> with the car, but with the severe emissions equipment on the car, does
> anyone know of a way to remedy this problem?

	Don't quite understand what the problem is, could you be a bit
more specific (and if it helps, I'm in NS on my second 80's 320i)

> Is their any aftermarket exhaust systems for 320i's?  I do not want to
> remove all the emissions equipment, due to emissions testing here in
> Canada, and global concern on my part.(Hey, we each do our own little
> bit, right?)  I can't help but thinking that there has to be a way to
> upgrade the emissions controls to '90's standards.  So what's the
> call, am I dreaming?

	What sort of emmisions tests are there in BC?  We don't have any
I'm aware of in NS.  Also, from everything I have read on the list, and
experience with local muffler shops, go with BMW OEM.  It will be the
quietest, best performance, longest lasting exhaust.  And it fits properly.

> It seems to me that mileage or horsepower(possibly both) can be made
> here.
	The best way to make your car go faster, is to become a better
driver.  Try and attend a BMW CCC club driving school.  AS far as mileage
goes, new plugs, and air and fuel filters can have a nice effect.  If you
don't know when the last time the Air and fuel filters were replaced, do
it.  Plugs, rotor, and plug wires are also a consideration depending on
the mileage.

> Darren Gibbons
> gibbonsa@domain.elided
>
> PS: Does anyone know a good product for cleaning wax off of black
> rubber/plastic trim pieces? Thanks....

	I always have good luck with either Armor all or Clear Guard.

Jeff
'83 320i
173K kms