[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Used BMW's - 2002 and 320

Doug,

Fellow 2002 owner Erik Frank wrote....
> For the 2002, there is a book available in your local library published by
> "Road & Track" called _Used Car Classic_ that covers 2002's and tells
> specifics to each year, and what to look for when purchasing a 2002.

This is a DANGEROUS book!  I checked out a copy from my public
library, then ran out looking at every 2002 for sale within 100
miles, and promptly bought one.  Beware!

The '02 is great fun to drive, and quite simple to work on (compared
to my newer cars).  Not much on luxury or rear seat room, so if those
things are priorities for you then consider another machine.
Definitely go with the manual gearbox, then you can get rowdy and rev
to 6K between shifts on occasion :-)

Jump in, the water's fine.

Eric
'74 2002