[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: 320i in wreck

> Before I unleash my two questions, I would like to say I'm the proud owner of an '82 320i with 140k.
> Mechanicals are in pretty good shape, but I have been unlucky on the accident side lately.  Enough damage was done
> to total the car by $$$ figures to repair it.  If you ask me, the damage was not all that severe.

STOP.
	The 320i, as all BMWs are, is unibody.  It doesn't take a "severe"
looking accident to made the car useless.  It is very likely that you can
have a twisted body you can't see immediately...

	Given a plethora of good 320i's around, move on.  Strip and ship...

					thi v.
Find a nice early car needing a tranny, put in the 5-speed and driveshaft,
and move on.  Of course, if it's an automatic, I'd throw the sumbitch away. :)