[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Bent cars

All,
	Maybe I'm being anal-compulsive, but I'd like to reiterate that
comment I made to the fellow considering repairing his wrecked '82 320i.

	BENT BMWs SUCK.  My dad and I purchased a '82 320i in 1990 as a
birthday present for me.  It was repo, high miles, alloys, etc.  It had
a decent interior and so forth.  Turns out the car had been wrecked in
front and was poorly repaired, so it was really twitchy.  The LF control
arm inner bolt hole was elongated so that the bolt could move almost 1"!!!
Ack...  So I sold that sucker quickly that next summer.  Made a nice $1000
on it, too. :)  But I am very wary of cars with any previous damage.  So
many have it, too...  That '82 crabbed down the road about 6"!!! Yuck.

	Be aware.  There's too many good ones out there to worry about
one so far gone.
				thi v.