[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Need airflow meter

I recently switched fuel injection boxes on my '81 745i ( to one from
an '82) thinking they used the same airflow meter.
Unfortunately, now that my fuel economy has dropped from 17-18 mpg
to 14-15, I have discovered that they don't use the same meter.

Does anyone have, or know where I can purchase, the AF meter used
from 9/81 to 5/83? Its BMW P/N is 13 62 1 279 519, and the Bosch
code number is 0 280 203 017.

If not, is there any way to find out what the differences between the
two are (Spring tension? Resistance track?), and can it be "rigged"
without replacement of the entire meter?

BTW the partial enrichment speed relay also is different. The old one
was supposed to close at between 3000-3500 rpm. The '82 unit closes
between 3950 and 4550 rpm. Most of my driving is either wide-open
or cruising in 5th at 2600 rpm, so I don't think this is the trouble.

The FI box is the only thing different since the mileage has dropped,
so I figure it HAS to be running way too rich. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
- -Charles
'81 745i gas hog