[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

After-market rims for 325es

Recently, I've been shopping for a new set of rims (15") for my 86 325es.
In my conversation with various shops, I've gotten concerned about the
"right" rims. Apparently, wheel makers gave begun to discontinue rims for
E30 types and focus on newer models which allow for greater positive offset.
For the E30, this is abit tight and will position the tire's sidewall too
close for the front struts (assuming a low profile configuration). I'm
find that the majority of shops are then recommending (with no concern)
positive offset rims with the addition of 1/4 inch spacers. So, are these
spacers of concern? Would it significantly effect balancing, handling, even
possibly wheel bearings?

Leon Chang
lchang@domain.elided