[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

re: Long Term Storage

          That post on long term storage was good, except for one concern. It
          said to fill the gas tank to the brim. It's my understanding that
          this would flood the evaporative control system, including the
          canister, necessitating its replacement. Do the UK/Euro models not
          have evaporative loss control?

          On the other hand, I'll gladly watch it in my HEATED garage and
          will gladly exercise it at our autocrosses (faster than my MGB !!!)

          Rhetorical question: With (now) wide power bands (especially v-
          8's), I can't help wondering: Why six-speeds? I understand why you
          need multiple speeds in a vehicle with a narrow power band, like an
          Abarth or a bicycle, but in a big 4 litre V-8 or 5 litre 12 with a
          big, fat power curve? Just wondering.

          Glad to see some 320i traffic, my first Bimmer! Enjoyed it
          immensely.

          BTW, did anyone catch the Chrysler propaganda insert on how they
          beat "the beemer (sic)" at the Solo nationals at Salina? You say
          tomato.....in say ketchup in the raw.

          Colin     WA1KWA

          bracec@domain.elided

          73 3.0s