[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Warning lights on '87 325is

On Tue, 11 Oct 1994, Doug Mc Kay wrote:

> Has anyone else out there had problems with the brake lining light
> going on/off when the linings on the brakes are just fine..
> I know this sounds like a sensor problem, but the sensors have been
> checked and they're ok.  I've heard this is a common problem..

   Yes, I have the same problem with my '88 M3 track car. I swapped my
 instrument cluster out to diagnose a dying tach problem, and Viola! My
 brake lining light did not come on once for the three weeks the new
 cluster was in. When I put my old cluster back in, it came on within
 a few minutes of driving.

  I have not taken the circuit board out of the cluster to look for
 cold solder joints / cracked lands yet, but I suspect one of the two.

Ron Checca
'90 M3 Street
'88 M3 Track
'87 325es Road