[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

New: 320i.

Good evening boys and ghouls.

A few folks may remember that I posted a few questions about a 83 320i,
that I did maintenance.  It now appears that I own this 320.  Amazing
what happens when people don't pay their bills.  Okay, I have a shitload
of questions.

1.) According to the Chilton's manual, this car is a four-speed, yet
right now it's a five speed.

2.) The Electrical system is FUCKED!  The headlights are wired
ass-backwards, the outer beams light fine, when you switch to high-beams,
the inner-most driver's light, and the outer-side passanger light work.
Nifty, eh?

3.) The Emergency Flashers were disabled, to provide some kind of
conduit to run the turn signals.  I don't even want to think what kind of
Voodoo was there.  This car has more Voodoo that a Witch Doctor on Halloween.

4.) The Body has various rattles and rolls, and is in need a either a
muffler, or exhaust manifold.

5.) Did I mention it's a Standard shift?  Can we say, new clutch in a
month boys and ghouls?

Considering the price, of oh...say.  $400US, was it a good deal?

Comments, suggestions, particulary about stuff like the suspension are
most appreciated.

Thanks!

- -Yet another 320 owner.