[bmw] beep beep! (1987 325 "Ding")

>As far as I know, you can't reset the alarm time; I guess the Wise Folks in Munich decided that if news wasn't reported on the :00, it wasn't worth hearing.

Can't speak for the E30, but for E36 MIDs/OBCs, the hourly MEMO reminder can be set to go off at any minute during the hour.

Just press and hold the MEMO button until ":00" is displayed, then use the hour/minute keys (-/+) to set it as when setting the clock.

As far as the various warning noises the Wise Folks instilled in these cars:

* the MEMO reminder is three short beeps

* the black ice warning is a single chime (and also noted on the display)

* the factory cassette decks have a "clean the tape heads" reminder that is one extended beep, similar in tone to the key press or anti-theft "back off" beeps if the radio keys are pressed when the ignition is off.

The last is probably the most jarring if unexpected.

Herman