[bmw] '95 M3 front aero-pan replacement

A run-in with a curb, then a run-in with a piece of tire, have pretty well destroyed the plastic parts under the nose of the car. I have a new middle/large pan section, and and a new right wheel-well liner--the "pork chops" seem OK.

I know this car has chronic, inherent problems with these pieces, and I have heard others mention that the attachment can be beefed up or made more secure. Specifically, what have others done? In examining the damage, it appears screw heads have been pulled through the plastic parts, so I assume one thing that would help would be to reinforce the holes with metal washers or strips of metal.

Part of the damage was to the lower grill, above the air dam, and directly in front of the fan. My car is an M3L, so this piece has horizontal bars, not the mesh screen. This piece has been knocked out, and the only attachment points that remain are two 1/8" diameter by 1/2" long guides on either side--looks like the pieces that secured the top and bottom are gone. These pieces seem to be integral to the front bumper cover, and I cannot justify replacing it. I THINK I can glue the grill back on the 4 remaining "stubs," but would welcome other ideas that might be better.

Sorry to go on, and on. TIA for any help.

Mike