[bmw] Re: [E34] Defunct temp gauge

Hi Henryk,

I don't have any experience with problems with the temp guage problem
itself, but I have read that some (maybe only the ground) connetions
to the display could be loose and cause similar symptims, maybe someone
else can confirm this.

The temp increase in traffic could be due to a faulty Viscous fan clutch on
the main cooling fan (not an uncommon problem), or a problem with the
electric auxiliary fan (or its control components like switch and
resistor). Though as the needle didn't get any higher than 3/4 it is
difficult to say if it is a problem. Where are you, is it currently warm
where you live?

Regards
Neil Grundy