[bmw] Re: Fixing Broken Odometer

re: Fixing broken Odometer:

I found that sometimes the plastic main drive gear cracks. It is press fit onto one end of the shaft, so when it cracks the gear now slides around the shaft rather than turning it. This may be more common in colder climates.
The fix I used was to crazy glue (no connection, etc.) the gear back on the shaft. Once back on, fill the gap in the crack with more crazy glue. Then use a razor blade to carve down the side of the gear tooth that was now protruding too far outward due to the width of the crack.
Good Luck,

Barry