[bmw] Re: 750il info please?

In a message dated 2/2/2004 8:55:22 AM Central Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:

Hey,

Posted a while ago wanting 750il information.  Anybody  out there have
any useful info?  Someone want to flame me for  fun?  helloooooooooo out
there :)

Robert  Chase
Very expensive to maintain.  The REGULAR maintainance parts are more
expensive than a clean used CAR.  That's why you see them sooooo  cheap.  I needed a
water pump on mine and all the parts including stuff you  "might as well
replace because you are there" was about $1,000.  Plug wires  are $800 plus.  Fuel
filter"s"... The MB is definitely more reliable and if  that is what you are
looking for in BMW's V-12, you are not going to find  it.  You might want to
chase down a clean 735iL and chip it....  BUT  there is nothing like a V-12.  I
loved that car and I will probably  wind up getting an E38 750iL in the near
future.  The V-8 just doesn't  satisfy me.  It is a love hate relationship.
It's your money or  should I say your parts vendor's money...  Since they are so
cheap, you  might want to look into getting two.  The second one for spare
parts.
Seriously, if you spend the money to make one mechanically perfect, you  will
have trouble free driving for 100K miles... Then they break again.   Just
don't think it will be cheap.  The entry price is more than just the  cost of the
car.
Rodney