[bmw] Re: "CRAZY" 88 735i

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Emi. wrote:

>    Hello All,
>
>   Today my e32 88 735i started acting up electronically. I arrived
> home from work as usual as I shut down the car the high beam
> lights began to turn on and off the hazards went off. Nothing I
> did seemed to stop anything? I finally pulled out the light modual
> and all stopped. When I drive the car claims the door is open
> however, everything is secured? Any ideas?

 Anytime multiple electrical items go "crazy" you should look first at
the grounding points.  I don't know where they are in your car, but
there are several, some under the hood, some under the dash, all with
single or multiple brown wires screwed down to a point on the chassis.
 As for the door, the switch is probably just getting old.

--
 "It is an honor to be Cookie Monster."
   -Sesame Street spokeswoman Audrey Shapiro