Date: Wed, 21 Jan 2004 03:54:38 -0800 (PST)
From: NLange <joelsayscrazy@domain.elided>
Subject: [bmw] muffler problems '86 535i

So here's the deal:

I have an old, weathered 1986 535i that has been encountering a number of
problems in its old age. Back in early August, I lost the rear muffler on
it. I ordered what i thought was the replacement, but found that I had
ordered the center muffler, which was still on my car. I neglected to get
the necessary part and recently, about 2 weeks ago, the center muffler fell
off. So now I have this part
http://www.autopartsauthority.com/mufflers/bmw~535i_(e28)~parts.html (3rd
down)
and I'm assuming that I need the first part on that page to go along with
the one I have to make the complete set, but I wanted to check with you to
make sure. Any ideas?

thanks a million
Ned Lange