[bmw] Z3 - Trailer Hitch = Pipe Dream?

Graeme asks
>I'm really interested in getting a Z3, but problem is that would mean I
>would have to get rid of my truck.  Which then means my kayak and canoe
>become _really_ hard to transport.  I barely drive 5000 miles a year so
>keeping both cars is silly.

>So, has anyone ever attempted to put a hitch on a Z3?

DaLan makes hitches for tons of BMWs including I believe Z3s.. lots of Z3
owners use small trailers to haul their track/autocross wheels/tires behind
'em with no problems

HMS motorsport (http://www.hms-motorsport.com/) is a great shop with tons of
Z3 stuff - Joe Marko is a long time BMW Club guy with tons of Z3 experience,
talk to him at HMS. Z3 hitches cost ~$250 and can pull ~1500 lb which should
be plenty for a small utility trailer, canoe kayak etc

Bavarian autosport (also a long time club favourite) sells 'em also.

One of our local club members has a MZ3 coupe and has been using a small
trailer (custom made by a local trailer place) to pull his track equipment
with no trouble at 85 mph plus ;)

Sell the truck and have some fun! ( I bought a Z3 middle of last summer and
think it's way fun!)

chris