[bmw] e36 pressure plate failure?

I have a bud of mine that wanted me to post this....

DETAILS; '98 e36 M3 with chip and aluminum flywheel. Stock clutch package.

Problem; This setup has eaten, (destroyed), 2 pressure plates in two months. The parts were installed according to the flywheel's manufacturer directions, and the clutch package installed by BMW's directions, following the torque settings. There have been no known abuse of RPMs or unjustified burnouts. The chip allows 7,000 RPMs comapred to the factory 6,400 RPMs.

Has anyone had or heard about a situation such as this? If so, what was done to correct it?

TIA!