[bmw] 1988 535i shimmy et al

Thanks a million to you all who most kindly responded to my request for advice. I' sure with the control arms bushing replaced I will have my car back again!!

There is one other "problem".
The S-E-123 switch on the gear shift, continues to alow the car to shift gears automatically (and erratically) when in the "S" position, instead of alowing me to wind the gears out and shift at will. I hope there is a relay or contact that is faulty and easy to fix. Any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks...ray