Re:[bmw] E36 Radio: Need more accurate output

Brad - I think you're mistaken - the CD and AM/FM are all amplified by the
same amplifier.  In the '97 328iC the amp is located behind the rear seat on
the passenger (right) side of the car.  I have the same car, and have never
had a noticeably different sound level from the CD versus the AM/FM or tape.
You mention that you have this problem with books-on-tape (or books-on-CD I
guess in this case) - I'm wondering if yuo have the same problem with other
types of CDs - music for example?

As for suggestions on stereo upgrades for this car - see the upgrades that I
did at:  http://ebaines.home.att.net/e36_stereo_upgrade.htm

-Chip