[bmw] Torque wrench/'89 535i

Hello all,

I just wanted to say thanks to all those who responded to my torque wrench
question.  Last week, I purchased a click/ratchet type wrench from Home
Depot (Husky brand) with settings in foot-pounds and newton meters.  My
wheels and tires arrived from Tire Rack on Monday and I installed them
yesterday.  My car looks totally different now with 17" wheels compared to
the stock 15".  I torqued the lugs to 85 lb/ft.  I took everyones advice
and was careful not to drop the wrench and I reset it back to zero when
done.

The questions I have now is about my spare.  Is is okay to keep the stock
15" as my spare or should I go ahead and purchase another 17" wheel and
tire?  I know having the same size is best, but can I do any damage by
riding on a 15" spare with 17" tires?   I forgot to ask the sales rep
about this when purchasing the package.   Also, the car seems to be
tracking perfectly straight but I was wondering if I should look into
getting my alignment checked with the new wheels and tires.  Thanks in
advance.   Peace and blessings!

Gerry A. Phillips
BMWCCA Peachtree Chapter
89 535i