[bmw] Re: 740i daytime lamps

I remember reading somewhere that in a lot of new BMW's, DRL's are a dealer
option. They're computer-controlled, so all the dealer has to do is set the
option. Generally, they did this for free when the consumer bought the
car--they specified whether they wanted DRL's or not. By default, they're
off. If you want them, take your car to the dealer and ask them to activate
the DRL's. May not apply to your car, but that's what I've heard about
others. HTH

Matt