this message...  some rocket scientist!

Rodney
Super Genuis!

In a message dated 11/20/2003 2:28:28 PM Central Standard Time,
owner-bmw-digest@domain.elided writes:
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 12:20:24 -0800 (PST)
From: Chris Clodfelter <iubud@domain.elided>
Subject: [bmw] Sometimes you just have to laugh at yourself!

This morning I decided to drive my '89 325Ic to work
because it was going to be in the upper 60's this
afternoon.  I get in the car and the battery is dead.
I put the car in neutral to try again.  I hooked the
charger up to the battery and went to work.  I stopped
home at lunch, hooked the battery up, and it was still
dead.  I took the battery back to the parts store
around the corner that I bought it from 9 months ago.
It tested bad.

I took my replacement battery home, and the car still
wouldn't start.  I took the battery back and it tested
good.  I put the good battery back in, still doesn't
work.  I consulted my Haynes manual.  It listed the
ignition switch, wire lead, starter motor, and the
transmission park relay as possible failures.

"HMM, I wonder if I put the car back in park"?  No, it
was in DRIVE!!  I put the car in park and it fired
right up.  Well back to my job as a rocket scientist!

Name Withheld to protect what is left of my pride!