RE: [bmw] 325is sudden loss of compression?

Gary,

I may be wrong here but I think BMW does something at crank time
to reduce compression, when you listen to a BMW crank you can hear
it run very fast.  I have never investigated what they do
so I don't know what to tell you.  Hopefully someone here can
tell you what's going on but is sounds like whatever drops the
compression at start has failed.  A clue is that you can push
start it and it starts but the starter won't start it.

Good luck,

Dave Orr