Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 10:43:24 -0400
From: "Robins, Scott" <Scott.Robins@domain.elided>
Subject: [bmw] E36 wheels questions

I've got a 97 328i with Sport package which needs new tires.  I'm getting a
new car and this one is
becoming my wife's.  Currently it has 16" wheels.  I'm thinking of getting
new 15" rims & tires
because my wife is not nearly as agressive a driver as I am.  Also, she
won't appreciate spending
$600+/year for tires.

I looked at tirerack.com and they don't have an option for 15" wheels,
except for snows, for this car.
However, the base 328i does, so I'm thinking this is just a oversight on the
part of tirerack.

Will 15" wheels fit on this car?  Will they need spacers, or anything like
that?  Is putting on
new wheels just like changing tires, or is there something else that needs
to be done (ie, can I
do it myself, or should I take them to a local tire shop?)

Thanks,
ScottR
-